Errol Estate Recreation District
Public Notice: City Council Workshop
The Apopka City Council held a workshop on November 2, 2021 to discuss the purchase and sale of the Rock Springs Ridge Golf Course, the Kelly Park property, and the Harmon Road property. Please Note: No official action taken at this workshop.
Community Meeting on September 30, 2021
On Thursday, September 30, 2021, Mayor Nelson hosted a community meeting featuring Mr. Dennis Armstrong at the Apopka Amphitheater to discuss how Stoneybrook West was able to purchase their closed golf course and clubhouse.
Errol Estate Recreation District Advisory Committee Meeting Dates
Please Note: We are still waiting for relevant information from 5th Hole to give us the ability to make an informed decision as to how to move forward. As such, we are canceling the Tuesday, July 21, 2020 meeting until further notice. As soon as we are able to meet again, we will let everyone know.
These are fact-finding meetings to discuss Errol Estate and the possibility of a recreation district.
The advisory committee is comprised of individuals that live throughout the Errol community in an attempt to balance representation. Due to the geographic makeup of the committee as well as social distancing guidelines, we encourage everyone to watch via live streaming on YouTube rather than in-person.
- Errol Estate Golf 20-142 Report (PDF)
- Errol Estate July 7 2020 Agenda Packet Website (PDF)
- Errol Estate Recreation District Notes from July 7, 2020 Meeting (PDF)
- Agenda for June 23, 2020 Meeting of Errol Estate Recreation District Advisory Committee (PDF)
- Errol Estate Recreation District Notes from June 23, 2020 Meeting (PDF)
- Revised Errol Estate boundary Map July 13 2020 (PDF)
- Errol Golf Course Assesment Pro Forma - FL Numbers (PDF)
- National Golf Foundation Letter for Errol Estate Golf Course Re-opening Feasibility Study July 1, 2020 (PDF)
- Stone Creek Golf Club in Ocala Final Working Budget 2020 Presented at July 7 2020 Meeting (PDF)
- Errol Estate Map for July 7 2020 Meeting Country Club and Units (PDF)
- Errol Boundaries with yellow highlights. Presented at June 23, 2020 Meeting (PDF)
- Errol Golf Course Map with green highlights. Presented at June 23, 2020 Meeting (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 19/20 Budget Projections Overview Spreadsheet Twin Rivers Golf (PDF)
- Twin Rivers Golf Fiscal Year To Date Budget v Actual 5-31-20 (PDF)
- Budgets Cap Example Twin Rivers 2017 to 2019 Budget Workshop Spreadsheets (PDF)
- Errol Estate Recreation District Parcels to be Acquired from 5th Hole (PDF)
- 5th Holder Shareholder Letter from Mayor Nelson July 23 2020 and 2018 Master Development Agreement (PDF)
- July 27 2020 Letter to Advisory Committee from 5th Hole Investments (PDF)
- 5th Hole Area Map for Development Parcels for Existing, New, and Undevelopable Areas (PDF)
Additional Resources and Links
- Florida Statutes Website for Chapter 418 Recreation Districts
- Dubsdread Golf Course budget example within City of Orlando Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Budget (PDF)
- Dubsdread Golf Course budget example within City of Orlando Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Budget (PDF)
- Dubsdread Golf Course budget example within City of Orlando Fiscal Year 2017-2018 Budget (PDF)
- Winter Park Golf Course budget example within City of Winter Park Fiscal Year 2019 Budget (PDF)
- Winter Park Golf Course budget example within City of Winter Park Fiscal Year 2018 Budget (PDF)
- Article on Polluted Golf Course to Regional Attraction (External Website)
- University Park Recreation District Website
- Herron’s Glen Recreation District Website