- Urban Enterprise Zone Incentives: Tax incentives to businesses that choose to create employment within an enterprise zone, which is a specific geographic area targeted for economic revitalization. EZ 4802 (see map) is located within the City of Apopka.
- Enterprise Zone Jobs Tax Credit: A business located in an enterprise zone may take a credit against either sales and use tax or corporate income tax when it hires new employees who reside in an enterprise zone or participate in a welfare transition program.
- Sales Tax Refund for Building Materials Used in Enterprise Zone: A business or individual that rehabilitates real property located in an enterprise zone may apply for a refund of sales tax paid on the purchase of building materials.
- Sales Tax Refund for Business Property in Enterprise Zone: A business that purchases property for use in an enterprise zone may apply for a refund of sales tax paid on the property. Includes real personal property and tangible personal property.
- Sales Tax Exemption on Energy Used in Enterprise Zone: A business that is located in an enterprise zone may apply for a 50% exemption from sales tax for purchases of electrical energy.
- Community Contribution Tax Credit Program: A credit for businesses that makes a donations of cash, property, or goods to an approved community-based organization or government agency.
Apopka Enterprise Zone
Source: Orange County Growth Management Department, Planning Division (www.floridaenterprisezone.com)
- Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZones): Administered by the United States Small “HubZone” Empowerment Contracting Program is to stimulate economic development and create jobs in urban and rural communities by providing Federal contract preferences to small businesses. The City of Apopka contains two HUB zones:
South Apopka HUBZone Qualified Area
Source: U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) HUBZone Program (www.sba.gov)