What is Hazardous Waste?
It is defined as any product that includes any of the following words on its label:
Household Hazardous Products
Here are some other common household hazardous products. This is not a complete list, but it will help you understand which products you should be especially cautious about.
- Cleaning products: strippers, cleaners, and soaps.
- Fertilizers: liquid and granular.
- Herbicides: weed killers, tree stump rotters.
- LP Gas bottles
- Pesticides: insect killers, rodent killers.
- Petroleum Products: gasoline, oil, and diesel fuel.
- Pool chemicals: chlorine, acids.
- Rechargeable batteries: Ni-cad, Lithium.
- Unknown or unlabeled products.
- Wet paint: oil and water based, aerosols, stains.
Whenever you have questions about a product, you can call the Orange County Solid Waste Hotline 407-836-6601 for more detailed information.